Aim of the Module: To develop the students' understanding of the stages of the research process. Additionally it will aim to develop the students' skills in the use of Information Technology to search and access research literature. The module also provides the student with an understanding of the basic principles of resaerch methadology. The module will also facilitate the students' progression along the learning curve related to the intergration of research. To further develop the opportunnity for in-depth study of the process and skills required to competently critically analyse a research paper.
- Define and demonstrate an understanding of the research process as documented in a published resaerch paper.
- Critically discuss the resaerch process as documented in published resaerch paper.
Assessment: Report 50% 2000 words (outcome 1), Critique 50% 2000 words (outcome 2)
Aims of the module:
- Develop the students' understanding of the stages of the research process.
- Develop the students' skills in the use of the Information Technology (IT) to search and access relevant literature.
- Facilitate the students' progression in understanding and working with research with practice.
Aim: To introduce students to the concept of psychology and sociology that are crucial to the assessment and provision of effective health and social care services.
Aim: To enable the student to develop a critical understanding of the development and role of the voluntary organisations, considering the impact of the third sector within the United Kingdom and Wales.
- Display a critical appreciation of the development of the role of a vouluntary organisation
- Evaluate the role of the voluntary organisation in inter-agency working and partnership delivery.
Assessment is by: Poster presentation 50% equivelency 2000 words (outcome 1) and Essay 50% 2000 words (outcome 2)